Tuition and state appropriations combine to pay for the core operational costs of The University of Texas at Austin.
Tuition plays an integral part in the university’s mission by making it possible to hire additional faculty to maintain reasonable class sizes, retain faculty and staff through merit pay increases and expand existing academic programs and initiate new ones.
- Funds requested student services initiatives
- Funds college and school initiatives
- Funds financial aid programs targeted at maintaining economic accessibility of the university
- Offsets the rising cost of utilities
- Funds critical academic capital projects
- Funds general libraries
- Funds IT infrastructure