When is my tuition due?
Can I pay my tuition in installments?
Where can I mail a payment?
What if I’m part of a Texas Pre-Paid Tuition Plan?
Tell me more about loans.
Tell me more about tuition exemptions and waivers.
What if my payment is returned?
How do I know that my payment has been received?
How do I complete my registration online?
How do I complete my registration in person?
The payment deadline is shown on each student's My Tuition Bill page. Once there, log into the system using your EID. Payment is due before 5:00 p.m. of the day of the listed deadline or your registration will be canceled.
Yes, tuition can be paid in three installments during the fall and spring semesters.
- The student must electronically sign a promissory note by clicking on the “Installment Plan Note” link on the My Tuition Bill website in UT Direct before a partial payment will be accepted.
- The first payment is approximately half of the total tuition; it is the smaller of the two amounts showing on My Tuition Bill, and includes a non-refundable $15.00 installment fee.
Tuition installments are not avaliable for summer semesters.
- Make checks payable to: The University of Texas at Austin
- Include the student’s name and EID on the check
- All payments must be drawn on a bank within the United States of America
Any payment using the US Postal Service:
The University of Texas at Austin
Student Accounts Receivable
P.O. Box 7398
Austin, TX 78713-7398
Any payment sent through a commercial courier such as FedEX, UPS, and DHL:
The University of Texas at Austin
Student Accounts Receivable; K5308
110 Inner Campus Drive; MAI 4
Austin, TX 78712
- Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan students must provide a copy of the membership ID card to Student Accounts Receivable the first semester they enroll at UT Austin.
- Texas Tuition Promise Fund (TTPF) plan purchasers must contact TTPF each semester to authorize use of the benefits at The University of Texas at Austin prior to submitting their plan information to Student Accounts Receivable. The university receives weekly updates from TTPF.
- The plans pay for tuition only; the student is responsible for all other fees.
- If the amount due is zero, the student must complete registration by clicking the “Confirm Attendance” button on the My Tuition Bill website no later than 5:00 p.m. on the due date or registration will be canceled.
- Tuition Loans are available online on the Tuition Loans website in UT Direct. Amounts awarded are applied directly to the tuition bill.
- Cash Loans up to $500 are available. There is a limit of one loan per 30-day period.
- Promissory Notes, required of both Tuition and Cash Loans, are signed electronically at the time the student requests the loan online.
- Interest charged is 4% per year. Repayment is due 30-90 days from the date of the promissory note. Repayment of a tuition loan by credit card is subject to a 2.3% convenience charge.
- For additional information on eligibility and other loan programs, contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com.
Returned payments by check, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or eCheck (for any reason) are subject to a $25 service fee. Registration will be canceled if repayment is not received within 10 calendar days of notice.
To verify your payment was received, go to the My Tuition Bill website in UT Direct. When your payment is posted, there will be a message on My Tuition Bill stating that “Your registration is complete and your courses are secure.”
Go to the My Tuition Bill website in UT Direct and use one of the following methods to complete your registration:
- eCheck – online payment by check
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- American Express, Discover, or MasterCard (subject to a non-refundable 2.3% convenience fee)
- “Pay with Financial Aid” at the “View Bill” option of My Tuition Bill
- “Confirm Attendance” at the “View Bill” option of My Tuition Bill if you have a zero bill
- Tuition Loan – link to My Tuition Loan from the My Tuition Bill website
You may make a payment at the Cashier’s Office in MAI 8 Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. using:
- Personal check
- Cashier’s check
- Money order
*Credit cards are not accepted at the Cashier’s Office.